American-italian Pasta Salad
“This pasta salad is a sure hit at any get-together! You just have to try it!”
Serving: 20 | Prep: 30m | Ready in: 8h40m
• 1 (16 oz.) package fusilli pasta
• 1 cup mayonnaise
• 1 cup sour cream
• 2 tbsps. milk
• 1 (.7 oz.) package dry Italian-style salad dressing mix
• 1 cup frozen petite peas, thawed
• 2 (2 oz.) cans sliced black olives
• 1 cup cubed Genoa salami
• 3/4 cup chopped green onions
• 3/4 cup chopped celery
• 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
• Put water and salt in a big pot and let it boil; put in the pasta and let it cook in boiling salted water until the pasta is al dente; let the cooked pasta run under cold water to let it cool down then drain the cooled down pasta.
• Mix the milk, mayonnaise, Italian dressing mix and sour cream together in a medium-sized bowl. Mix everything together until the consistency is smooth then put it aside.
• Mix the salami, parsley, cooked and cooled pasta, celery, peas, green onions and olives together in a big salad bowl. Lastly, add in the prepared dressing mixture, keeping 1/2 cup aside. Put the mixture in the refrigerator and let it sit there throughout the night. Give the mixture a mix before serving. In case the pasta seems a bit dry, put some more of the reserved dressing.
• Calories: 236 calories;
• Total Carbohydrate: 20.5 g
• Cholesterol: 17 mg
• Total Fat: 14.6 g
• Protein: 5.6 g
• Sodium: 420 mg