“You can use turkey or ham as a substitute for the chicken.” Serving: 8
• 8 chicken tenderloins
• salt and pepper to taste
• 3/4 cup fresh sliced mushrooms
• 1 red bell pepper, chopped
• 1/2 yellow bell pepper, chopped
• 1 (8 oz.) package uncooked spaghetti
• 1/4 cup butter
• 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
• 1 cup chicken broth
• 1 cup half-and-half
• 1 tsp. garlic salt
• ground black pepper to taste
• 1/2 cup shredded Swiss cheese
• 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
• 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese for topping (optional)
• Sauté the tenderloins in a large non-skillet. Season to taste with pepper and salt. Add yellow bell peppers, red bell peppers, and mushrooms; cook until the greens are tender.
• Cook the spaghetti following the package directions. Let drain and put aside.
• Melt margarine or butter in a large saucepan, then blend in flour. Stir in half-and-half and the chicken broth gradually. Over medium-low heat, cook until the sauce starts to thicken, stirring constantly. Add ground black pepper and garlic salt to taste. Blend in the Parmesan and Swiss cheeses, then
continue to heat until the cheeses melt, stirring constantly.
• Stir in the vegetable/chicken mixture and heat thoroughly. Then toss with the cooked pasta; if desired, put grated Parmesan cheese on top.
• Calories: 329 calories;
• Total Carbohydrate: 27.7 g
• Cholesterol: 70 mg
• Total Fat: 14 g
• Protein: 22.3 g
• Sodium: 421 mg